The origins of the company in New Zealand date back to 1929 with its modern configuration resulting from the merger of Avery (NZ) Limited and Pump Maintenance (New Zealand ) Limited in 1989. The company which was formed : 'GEC Avery (NZ) Limited', changed its name to Marconi Commerce Systems (NZ) Limited in 1999. When it was sold to the Danaher Corporation of the USA in February 2002, the name was again changed to the present Gilbarco (NZ).
The company Head Office is in Wellington and there are regional centres in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
The hallmark of Gilbarco (NZ) has always been entrepreneurial flair : great people with great imagination doing great work. This is backed up with ongoing investment in staff training and development in company, product, industry and health and safety issues.
The Head Office in Wellington incorporates a regional sales and service branch, a central warehouse, and electronic repair and research and development facility, a 24 hour a day 7 day a week customer call centre and national marketing, purchasing, and health and safety resources in addition to the company Finance and Administration Department.
Gilbarco (NZ) is committed to provide its customers with products and services that will meet their total quality and operational requirements.
Weighing and Testing Service Division
Working on both a regular contract and a call-out basis, the Weighing and Testing Division handles preventive maintenance, repair and installation work in the industrial and retail sectors.
Industrial coverage is equally extensive with service on products ranging from laboratory balances through to weighbridges and weighbridge control systems.
A majority of weighing and testing technicians are accredited to verify and certify weighing equipment to Ministry of Consumer Affairs standards.